Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Amazing Veggie Sandwich



Here's a shoutout to my vegetarian friends! So I tried a new detox cleanse this weekend and had an enormous amount of vegetables on hand. For some reason the idea for this sandwich came to me -- and I'm so glad it did. I was full all day, and based on what I know from the detox cleanse, this sandwich is packed with healthy nutrients. I hope you give it a try for yourself!

Butternut Squash Veggie Sandwich

2 slices whole-grain bread
3-4 slices butternut squash, roasted
Sliced cucumber
Sliced tomato
1/2 avocado
2 slices good quality cheese (I recommend gouda)
Sprouts
Arugala


Note: to roast the squash, cut into 1/4-inch rounds and season with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (flipping once) until soft.


Preheat the broiler to low. Using the slices of bread, lay out the squash slices on one half and the cheese on the other half. Broil until heated through and cheese begins to melt. Remove from the oven/broiler and top with the remaining ingredients. Slice in half and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment