Friday, September 10, 2010

The Great Minnesota Get Together - Part 1

There's so much fun to share about the state fair, I have to break it into two parts: 1) the blue ribbon contests and 2) the amazing food!

Here's a snapshot of all the fun homegrown and homemade stuff -- all grown in our great state!



Attack of the killer tomato and squash!


What is a sugar beet? I will need to find out...



My new fascination - Ground Cherries. I talked with a woman about these for a few minutes, but I'm still confused on how they grow. But she said they are great to cook with...so recipe search here I come.


Really? Someone might have a little too much time on their hands.

If anyone knows what this is called, please share! I always forget. Mmm. Almond.

Last but not least, the baked goods entries. I've decided along with my sister that I could totally win this next year. I do look nice in blue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment