Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cupcake On the Go



This last weekend I stopped by Cupcake On the Go, the food truck version of the Cupcake restaurant and bakery. I sampled 4 different delights, and they were indeed delightful. Clockwise from top left: Trademark (yellow cake with chocolate mousse), Chocolate Pistachio, Razz-Ma-Tazz, and Chai Tea Caramel. My favorite was the Chocolate Pistachio, but they were all pretty amazing. The one thing that gets me with cupcakes is a hankering for more cake and less frosting, but at least the frosting on these cupcakes is light and airy -- no heavy sugar frosting here. Another cool bit about Cupcake On the Go is that they were recently on cupcake wars on the Food Network and took second place - that's where the Chai Tea cupcake came from. One thing that's got me a little hung up though is the naming conventions on some of their cupcakes...let's just say they didn't scream politically correct to me.

You'll have to check them out when you're in downtown Minneapolis next time or at their brick-and-mortar building in Southeast Minneapolis.




No comments:

Post a Comment