Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ginger Stir-fried Broccoli Rabe and Halibut


Yum! I need to try more fish. Good thing I bought flounder tonight so I'll have something else to try cooking next week. But tonight I couldn't resist splurging on Halibut. My $9 piece of Halibut. But that's why it's $9. It's wonderful. And it reminds me of Seattle. But I digress...

I was in the mood for ginger green beans or asparagus -- the kind at sushi restaurants. But broccoli rabe was on sale. So here's my spin. Feel free to double the recipe if you're cooking for more than one..wah wah wah.

6-oz. filet halibut
1 bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. canola oil
salt & pepper
oil

Combine the ginger, garlic, vinegar, and oils. Whisk until combined and set aside.

Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Place skin side down in the pan, cover, and saute for 2 minutes. After two minutes, check the fish to ensure it's not burning , then add 1-2 teaspoons water to start steaming the fish, cover, and cook another 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli. Cover again, saute for 2 minutes. Uncover, add the ginger sauce, stir, cover, and cook another 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment