Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dandelion Kitchen - Food Truck Review



So you've heard about this food truck thing, right? I'm overly excited about it, and so far, everything I've tried has been delicious. It's not as quick as fast food, definitely not as cheap, but the quality is outstanding. Relative to a chain like Panera or Chipotle, I give these guys my money any day. I can't deny that I haven't pondered what my food truck business would be. Desserts? Pasta? Oh the options...

The trouble with getting to the food trucks around Minneapolis/St. Paul is that they typically are in prime form during the weekday lunch hour. Fortunately I work downtown Minneapolis from time to time so I have the luxury of stopping by. However, I've been hearing amazing things about food truck Wednesday in St. Paul that's making me itch to play hooky.

Today I stopped by Dandelion Kitchen. Their cart is always parked outside of the IDS center on Nicollet Mall. I've heard great things about their homemade sodas, but today's flavor was basil something and it didn't sound good to me...but I bet it was delicious! The menu was small (normal for food trucks) with a few sandwiches, a salad option, the soda of the day, and cookies. The tomato sandwich caught my eye, the lady working recommended the BLT, but I went with the Ham and Brie that I saw had been written up somewhere. It was very tasty. Not only is it near impossible to get brie on a sandwich anywhere in the city without going sit-down, but their ingredients are locally sourced whenever possible. They even had a sign that said where today's food came from. Overall, the sandwich was good, but I thought the price was a little steep. My sandwich was the size of a Wonder Bread sandwich and came with a price tag of $6.75 and that's without anything else. But hey, I support their work, and so I think you need to go check them out as well! Plus I tweeted about them and they responded back!



No comments:

Post a Comment