Saturday, June 11, 2011

Simply Steve’s Food Truck


I should do a little research – today I stumbled upon Simply Steve’s in downtown Minneapolis. This is one food truck I haven’t heard much about. I’ve seen it once or twice in passing, but today was my first stop. Mind you it was 95 degrees out and I still waited outside for a bean burger. I’m crazy, right?

Simply Steve’s appears to be a family run truck (hence when I ordered the girl said, “Dad, one black bean burger”) which I think is extra neat. If I had money and lots of free time, I could easily see myself running a food truck with my family. The menu was pretty interesting – not your average sandwich cart. The first menu item was the black bean burger, which made me think it was their specialty. In addition to that burger, they had a buffalo chicken wrap, Johnsonville brat, California burger, turkey burger, and a grilled portabella and mushroom sandwich. From the first time I saw the truck (and took the pictures) I can already see that the menu changes periodically – that’s one good way to get me coming back!

So the burger was pretty darn good. It reminded me slightly of a bean burrito, but it was so much more. The patty was soft in texture, and there was lettuce, tomato, sprouts, cucumber, and chipotle mayo to top it off. The flavor combination was unique and well balanced. I loved the sprouts and mayo. I might just have to say this is a diamond in the rough. I’ll be coming back for more!

P.S. the burger was $6 and was just a sandwich --- but well worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment