Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Still Cook!


This is a short and sweet entry, but I had to show you that I still whip a thing up here and there. This is one of my favorite summertime salads. If you don't like tomatoes, well, I'm sorry. I guess you'll have to wait until the next post!

Tomato & Mozzarella Salad

Fresh, ripe, tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella cheese (you can use the larger ball shaped version too)
Fresh basil, cut into ribbons
Balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Cut up the tomatoes and mozzarella into bite-sized pieces. Make sure there are equal parts tomato to mozzarella -- I sometimes will add a bit more tomato. Toss in a bowl and add the basil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. I like to let mine site for 10 minutes so the balsamic soaks into the tomatoes and cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment