Monday, May 3, 2010

Visit to Pike's Place Market

At the end of this year, I headed out to Seattle for the first time ever to visit a culinary school and also fulfill a dream of visiting this great city. The school wasn't for me, but the trip was great. These are my favorite pictures from the famous Pike's Place Market. Imagine taking a nice stroll with a warm Starbucks coffee in your hand. Aaah. I want to go back.



Oh, and since this is a food blog, I hope you don't tease me for taking pictures of my meals. Let's just say this Midwestern girl was on a hunt for any and all kinds of seafood!


This is the Dungeness crab roll. Since Seattle isn't famous for lobster rolls, this was the closest replacement. I think I'd rather have a lobster roll, but I'm glad I tried this sandwich too. Not pictured was the Seared Scallop chowder we split to go with the sandwich. The chowder stole the show. It was gone so fast I couldn't snap a pic without me downing it.


Dinner was so good at Ivar's that I also devoured it before taking a picture. This was a seared sea scallop dish . Served with swiss chard, risotto cake, and an amazing tarragon sauce.


I wish I could remember more about this dish too, but the important thing is that this was the most delicious halibut I've ever had. It had slices of andouille sausage, roasted potatoes, and roasted vegetables. We also had local Sauted Manilla Clams in a wine garlic broth for an appetizer. It was soo good I couldn't stop soaking the bread in it after the clams were gone!


And then of course classic fish and chips. This was right off the pier at Ivar's other location. A little pricy, but also worth a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment