Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Pod" Thai


Did you know "Pod" Thai is the correct way to pronounce this dish? Ok, don't be angry, but this is just a "for fun" entry since I can't share the recipe. It's a secret. Let's just say I know someone who knows someone who got the Sawatdee recipe. For those non-Minnesotan readers (who am I kidding, only my mom reads this. Actually I still have to explain what a blog is to her...but that's beside the point...) Sawatdee is a local Thai restaurant in the Twin Cities that makes some darn tasty food. Here's a pic for your enjoyment. And since I don't want to disappoint, here are a couple key tips for re-creating this dish at home.

1) Go to an Asian market to find Thick Soy Sauce. Regular Soy Sauce will not work.
2) A touch of peanut butter and sugar will get rave reviews
3) Cut the chicken in strips going along with the grain to get it just like the restaurant
4) You can make this for less than $20 at home. (feeds 4+ and some of the ingredients will last you a long time)
5) Fresh lime, cilantro, and bean sprouts make a world of difference

Now go try something new!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, someone besides your Mom is reading! :) I absolutely love Sawatdee. My goal for this quarter at Brainco is to get this recipe outta you. Love the blog and can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete